Table of Contents
Options controlling the build process (remote or local) are located on
Project build and Solution build property pages. When using
the quick mode, these options also appear in the Build dialog.
The meaning of the options is explained below.
- Project build command: this should be the shell command which performs the incremental build.
- Project rebuild command: the command which performs rebuild of the whole project.
- Project clean command: the command which performs cleanup of the whole project.
- Project deploy command: the command which performs deployment of the build result.
This command is used when the deploy mode is set to Run deploy command (see below).
- Build working directory: where the above commands will be run.
- Build environment variables: additional variables to be set for the build commands.
You can specify e.g. a configuration name here.
- Build before start debugging: whether WinGDB should launch the Build command
before the debugging session is started. This is generally a good idea, but you might
want to omit the build if you only need to debug.
- Deploy before start debugging: whether WinGDB should execute the deployment
action before the debugging session is started (but after the build). Same remarks apply
- Project build action: when set to Run build commands, it enables the standard
behavior described above. There is also an alternative mode Run standard VS build
which runs devenv to build current project in Visual Studio. It allows to
mix WinGDB debug facilities with standard Visual Studio build mechanism. Use this when
you have already configured your own custom build rules in Visual Studio and want to
combine this build mode with WinGDB debugging (and optionally deploying).
- Deploy action: chooses whether WinGDB should run the command entered in
Project deploy command field, or just copy specified files to some
destination directory on the target machine (Transfer file to target).
- Deploy only if file changed: in Transfer file to target mode, specifies whether
WinGDB should check file timestaps to avoid unnecessary transfers.
- Files to deploy: specifies source paths to deployed files in
Transfer file to target mode,
- Deploy target directory: specifies destiantion directory path for deployed files on
the target machine in the Transfer file to target mode,
Table of Contents
Copyright (C) 2008-2013 WinGDB.com. All rights reserved.